duminică, 11 iulie 2010

Nodame Cantabile - the live drama

I've just finished the last episode, so the impression is fresh. The characters, the musical pieces, the romance, the comedy are truly enjoyable, not only for classical music lovers, but for anyone who wants to see a cute and funny story of love, friendship and self-development.

I might have enjoyed it even more because I'm a student of a Music Conservatory myself, just like the main characters, so I kinda know how it is from the inside.

The actress portraying Nodame is doing a great job and I admit that the guy playing Chiaki is hot, though not really my type.

And of course, I shouldn't forget the old man playing Franz Strezemann, he was my favourite. I loved his weird 'foreign' accent, especially when he said 'Ganbatte kudasai', stressing the first syllable of 'kudasai' in a really funny way. Also, the swarthy face and the silver curls made such a funny contrast, that they turned him into the most ugly thing I have ever seen, lol, but funny at the same time. Also, loved how poor Chiaki was chased by gay guys infatuated with him :))
I I watched some episodes from the anime series too, but dropped it at the fourth or fifth. They were good, but I believe the live action is better.

Here is a summary of the PLOT, according to dramawiki:

Based on the hit comic book by Tomoko Ninomiya, this is a fun-filled quirky romantic story of two very opposite people.

Megumi Noda, or "Nodame" is a piano student at Momogaoka College of Music. An extremely talented pianist who wants to be a kindergarten teacher, she prefers playing by ear rather than reading the music score. She is messy and disorganized, takes baths several days apart and loves to eat, sometimes stealing her friend’s lunchbox when it is filled with delicacies.
Shinichi Chiaki, is Momogaoka’s top student. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. An arrogant multi-lingual perfectionist who once lived abroad in the music capitals of the world as a young boy, he feels mired in Japan because of a childhood phobia.
They meet by accident. Nodame quickly falls in love, but it takes much longer for Chiaki to even begin to appreciate Nodame’s unusual qualities. Their relationship causes them both to develop and grow. Because of Nodame, Chiaki got the opportunity to lead a student orchestra and begins to have a broader appreciation of people's musical abilities. Because of Chiaki, Nodame faces her fears and enters a piano competition. Opportunities open up as both begin taking risks, stretching themselves far more than they ever thought possible.
The main CAST











This is one of the most anime-ish drama I've watched until now. It was funny how Nodame was constantly hit in such an anime-like manner, or how Stresemann 'jumped off the plane'. Moreover, it can be also educative. The music pieces are very well chosen and there were some of them which I had never listened to before. Definitely worth watching!



I'll leave you with this original rendition of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (the S-Oke was a cool and unusual orchestra!) and later I'm gonna watch the two special episodes.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu